Balotelli and Bendtner have been burning bridges faster than they’ve been missing out on Baloon D’Or nominations. Mario “why me?” Balotelli has managed to frustrate managers/fans/teammates at:
- Liverpool – they sold him for free, writing off 16M
- AC Milan – took him back on loan. Turned out to be a disaster
- Man City – Mancini was very patient, but it didn’t work out
- Inter – Mourinho said he was nearly “unmanageable”
- Italy – Conte deemed him surplus to requirements
While Balotelli is now sunning himself in Nice, Bendtner is back in England, making a living in Nottingham. His rap sheet is not much better:
- Wolfsburg: Released 9 months in to a two year contract
- Juventus: Loan deal resulted in him scoring very few goals.
- Arsenal: Called himself a world beater, but couldn’t perform on the pitch
- Norway: Hit and miss. Decided to celebrate a goal in his underpants
So many wasted opportunities but who do you feel is the worst culprit?