Its that time of year again when people care about horse racing for a few hours and try to seem like Charles Bukowski talking to one another about odds and form, different tracks and jockey styles but in the end there’s really only one question when it comes to horse racing.
Do you live in a simulation or not?
Is this your universe? The one where everything is actually based around you and your experience, created out of your mind moment by moment.
Well, now you can find out!
1. Comb through the names of all the entrants, painstakingly noting the odds for each horse. Pay attention to tips from work colleagues too.
2. Look for something, anything that has something to do with your life. A name, a number, a colour, the slightest most unimportant detail about the jockey’s uniform or breeder’s tweed suit
3. Put €150 on that horse to win. Nothing but win. Either this is a simulation based completely around you or not.
4. Sit back and nervously await the outcome of this crushing existential experiment which will define the context of your entire life.
5. Didn’t work? Try again next year!